What do I need to know to help my students stay safe online?
Identity theft is the illegal use of someone else’s personal information.
- Some emails look official as if coming from school or a club. Let the students know when an email from school or teacher is expected.
- Create strong passwords using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
- Use privacy settings on social media sites.
Mobile Security is the protection of portable devices and the network they connect to.
- Never leave mobile devices unattended.
- Always lock your device when not using it.
- Disconnect your device from the Internet when you are not using it.
Create a Good Password
An example of a way to build a good password is: “I went to Western Elementary School for grade 3” could be used to build a password like:Iw2We$t4g3.